Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a well-documented entire medical system like Allopathic Medicine (Conventional Western Medicine). Remarkable results may be obtained by the integration of the two methods of treatment.
As an allopathic physician specially trained in medical acupuncture, electroacupuncture, and scalp acupuncture, I incorporate both the Western perspective on diagnosis and management, as well as the Eastern Method which embraces disease prevention by treating imbalances before disease manifests. TCM assesses a person in entirety, as body and mind are energetically linked by our Qi, our pervasive life force. Pain and disease result when the system is out of balance, wherein excess in one area is mirrored by deficiencies in others. If energy flow becomes blocked or diverted, pain and disease emerge. Acupuncture can treat both physical imbalances and psychological changes. Balancing the whole person results in optimum health, renewed energy, and the prevention of further pain and illness.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Initial comprehensive conventional and eastern medicine consultation with introductory acupuncture treatment
- Acupuncture treatments will vary based on your response and needed therapeutic interventions, which could include any combination of the following:
- Focal treatment
- Energetic treatment
- Scalp acupuncture
- Auricular acupuncture
- Bodywork (Cupping and Gua sha)
- Herbal medicine recommendations
- Nutritional guidance
- Lifestyle modifications
- Conventional Medical recommendations as needed (i.e., medications, labs, imaging studies)
- Recommended therapeutic and herbal interventions
- High quality sterilized stainless steel acupuncture needles utilized- single use only